Monday, March 1, 2010

Man United wins Carling Cup 2010

Man United beat Aston Villa 2-1 to retain the Carling Cup. Goals from Owen(12') and Rooney(73'). Milner(5') scored penalty for Villa.

Wayne Rooney: "It's a great feeling to play in a final at Wembley and score the winning goal, so I'm delighted. The players should be proud of themselves. Maybe Vidic should have been sent off, but I haven't seen it again. It's good for us that he stayed on. He was brilliant for us."

Nemanja Vidic: "It was a hard game today, but we deserved to win. I don't think I should have been sent off, because I got in front of him. I was in the way of the goal. If I was behind him, then maybe yes."

Michael Owen: "It's great to win and score, but soured by picking up a hamstring injury. It's the first injury I've had since I've been at United, I've been in 42 or 43 squads, so I'm not going to grumble about an injury. Hopefully I'll be back pretty soon."

No comments: